Similar to the transit photos section, Mark Kavanagh has been on many railroads in the northern hemisphere. This includes local railways, high speed lines and excursion railways. Some freight railways are included as well as railroad stations.
- June 2018 Updates
- New Section: Czech Republic Railroad Stations (18 photos) Prague
- New Section: Danish Railroad Stations (24 photos) Copenhagen
- New Section: Irish Railroad Stations (9 photos) Dublin
- New Section: Norweigen Railroad Stations (16 photos) Bergen
- Updated Section: Netherlands Railroad Stations (12 photos) Amsterdam
- Updated Section: United Kingdom Railroad Stations (93 new) London, Manchester, York, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Wales
Amtrak is the passenger railroad of the US. You will also find the major US railroads like UP & BNSF, and regional freight railroads. Also featured are operating steam locomotive operating on the mainlines.
The US also has some great railroad stations that still survive. Some are huge, like Grand Central, so some small town stations
# of Railroad photos: 146
Passenger trains still reign supreme in Europe. They far out pace freight trains, a direct reversal of North America.
Here you will find the various high-speed trains linking countries as well as local trains operating within different countries. We hope to feature some of the great railway stations in the future
# of Railroad photos: 307
In Asia, there is rapid growth in passenger railways, especially high-speed trains. The growth of high-speed can all be attributed to the opening of Japan’s Shinkansen (aka Bullet Train) in the 1960’s.
You will find Japan’s famous Shinkansen, new Maglev and other railways. South Korea and Israel are also featured. The growing network in China should be featured soon.
- # of Railroad photos: 289