Welcome to the 21st Year of Kavanagh Transit Photos!
May 2020 Additions
- New Transit City: Lyon France with 380 photos of the metro, trams, funiculars, trolleybuses, and buses
- NEW Transit City: Strasbourg, France with 119 photos of trams and buses.
- New Transport Museum: Melbourne Tram Museum Hawthorn Depot with 47 photos.
Earlier 2020 Additions
- NEW Transit City: Melbourne, Australia with 304 photos of the largest tram system in the world, plus suburban trains.
- NEW Transport Museum: Sydney Tramway Museum with 59 photos of trams
- Updated Transit City: Tokyo, Japan with 237 photos of the Tokyo subway, mostly the Ginza line.
- NEW Transport Museum: Glasgow Riverside Museum with 44 photos, including trams, subway, & trains
- NEW Transport Museum: MOTAT, Auckland NZ with 80 photos, including trams, trains, planes, autos and more
Welcome to Ktransit.com, home of transportation photos from around the world. We started in 1999 on Trainweb. Then in 2001 ktransit.com came into being. From just a few transit photos to now over 17,000 transit and railroad-related photos from around the world, we have come a long way!
All photos on this website are owned and copyrighted by Mark Kavanagh. Mark has been around the world and his main passion is urban transit and railways. Commercial aircraft, cruise ships are also featured. To round this site, learn more about the Kavanagh family, both Mark’s family, and about the history of the Irish surname. There are other features of this website as well including the World Trade Center in NY. Please enjoy!
This is the heart of ktransit.com. This section features over 15,000 urban transit photos from 4 continents in 110 cities. Not to be missed!
Non-urban rail is also featured here. This includes Amtrak, US freight, Europe mainline, Japan Shinkansen, trains stations from around the world, and more. Over 740 photos are here!
This section features Railroad and transit museum, along with excursion railways from around the world. Over 900 photos are featured.
There is something about commercial aircraft. Just like the railroads, they move people. Although flying may not what it used to be, there is still something about flying. Come see the world’s airlines here with over 300 photos.
Going a cruise is many people’s idea of a great relaxing vacation. Ferries on the other hand typically serve commuters going to work. They both move people. Currently only 17 photos.
This portion of the site is not updated often enough. Learn about Mark’s travels over the years. Facebook may be a better method by looking through his Facebook photo albums.
Learn about Mark’s family, as well as a history lesson about the very Irish name of Kavanagh. All Kavanaghs, no matter how they spell it, can all trace their lineage to one person in the 1100s.
Mark grew up in the NY area and went to the old WTC many times before 9/11, the last time was about 12 days before the fateful day. This section of the website is dedicated to the lives lost that day, and the re-birth of the WTC site.
There are more things on this website, like Bridges, and see recent site updates and what is in the queue for the future of ktransit.com